• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Unexpected Treasure

Black_Sheep

When we wrapped up shooting tonight one of the Rangemasters said “pull over by my truck before you leave”. I pulled up next to him and asked what’s up? Bruce opened his door and started handing me stuff. His brother is struggling with Parkinson’s and decided to give up shooting.so Bruce has been liquidating his gun collection and reloading stuff. Bruce GAVE me 800 small pistol primers, a few pounds of W231 and 400 rounds of .45ACP Blazer brass cased hardball.

My only gripe is he refused to let me pay him for it. I’m going to get him a gift card from Cabela’s or something like that. How much do you think would be fair for such a generous act? 

B4742E05-046A-46EB-862D-040594276F53.jpeg

1 hour ago, Black_Sheep said:

A 50 round box of the Blazer ammo retails for $30 online, the powder is $30/lb. The price tag on the sleeve of primers is $23 which is considerably less than current market value.

Those prices would be pre-Current-Bullshiit, man.  Primers right now, for a 1k brick, are anywhere from $50 to $100 (CCI 41s are STEEP).  Powder averages $50 per pound now.  I just paid $488 for 10 lbs of powder.  Not long ago, I had to pay $200+ for 2 bricks of CCI 500 small pistol primers.

So, old times, or current times...   I'm sure he had all that stuff in the old times, and paid old prices.  But, you're getting a goldmine.  :thumbup: