• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LaRue to Geissele or Timmeny

chris mcbride

Have AR10 with Larue trigger and thinking about getting Geissele. Looking at match trigger. While my LaRue shoot very good groups there is always room for approvement. LaRue is 2stage. While alot like it I am not biggest fan,but to my understanding with AR platform it is pretty much a must for lite trigger pull. Most of my hunting rifles are around 3 lbs. Second trigger I am looking at is Timney and I have two in other styles. Love them. Hard to find a lot of stuff on one in AR. Cost wise they are close enough I am  not worried about that, plus quality cost. Suggestion and /or opinions on these or other you have.

Was wondering why one specified for AR 10. Only thing I did not like about it was the 4lb pull.I like 2.5 to 3 on my rifles. I know only a lb extra but then again it is 25% increase.  Reason I am looking at Timney is I have them intwo Mauser builds and love them Only thing I am concerned about with Geissele is I am not crazy about two stage trigger.I like zero take up super crisp breaking trigger like my Timneys are. The Geissele AR10 trigger does not appear nor specified adjustable.

On 12/4/2021 at 7:33 AM, chris mcbride said:

Was wondering why one specified for AR 10. Only thing I did not like about it was the 4lb pull.I like 2.5 to 3 on my rifles. I know only a lb extra but then again it is 25% increase.  Reason I am looking at Timney is I have them intwo Mauser builds and love them Only thing I am concerned about with Geissele is I am not crazy about two stage trigger.I like zero take up super crisp breaking trigger like my Timneys are. The Geissele AR10 trigger does not appear nor specified adjustable.

The Timney Calvin Elite is probably your best bet then. It so happens that the Geiselle NM is adjustable, but it's a two-stage trigger no matter how adjustable.

https://timneytriggers.com/ar-calvin-elite-single-stage-drop-in/