• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

CDNN blowing out LR-308 parts, 21 May 2022

98Z5V

7 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

That is cheap as a hooker on Harry Hines.

Right?!   My first DPMS LR-308 stripped lower receiver was $325, and that was 2010!  Whole bottom end for $299 is just NUTS!...   :banana:

45 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Badass cartridge.  .308 Win in a 6mm projectile.  I can vouch for this.  :thumbup:

Glad you’re impressed as it was one of my last conversations with you that got me interested in these other calibers anyway. 😆

Edited by GRA
Add info.

Already received the 16” stainless .243 barrel and proprietary gas tube and BCG from Wilson’s.  All I have to do is screw it all together and mount it on this receiver I just purchased.  Got a .260 Remington off and being head spaced on an FAL upper now.  All I need is a long, long range to see how she performs.  If the .260 likes me I’ll do an LR-308 upper in that caliber too.

Nothing like having extra uppers to spread the selection of ammo out do you’ll always be able to find some regardless of how screwed up the clowns in DC are.  Back during the Soetoro 2012 dark age only left on the shelves was the remaining corrosive East bloc ammo in their calibers but still had some .243, .300 Win. Mag, 22-250, 222, and scattered remnants of 30-30 (nobody seemed to like the 30-30 zombie green rounds 🤷‍♂️), and a tiny bit of 30.06.  It was worse this time and I’m sure it will be worse again the next time.  Sadly the 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC is still on life-support.  Glad I bought the reloading gear this time. 👍

5 minutes ago, GRA said:

Glad you’re impressed as it was one of my last conversations with you that got me interested in these other calibers anyway. 😆

6.5mm projectiles are amazing.  Bad to the bone.  From the .308 case, that would be .260 Remington.  My .260 is a Dragon Slayer...  :laffs:

With this 6 ARC thing coming around, and my history on the 6.5 Grendel - I had to do a 6 ARC gun.  Or two.  That little 6mm projectile is even a LEEETLE BIT MORE better than the 6.5mm Projo.  Barely.  But it's there.

I have a .243 Win rem bolt gun that I got into this 6mm/308 Win thing with, and I haven't done much with it, but it's a Rem 783 Varmint, and it's nice.  I need to work up a load for it, and get it going, but I've barely shot the poor little thing.  I suck, on that part.  .243 Win AR, though, is missing from my arsenal.  I sadly declare that.  Once I work up this bolt gun, the AR will follow.

Here's the boltie...

Remington 783 Varmint Review - Guns and Ammo

Remington Model 783 Varmint - GunsAmerica Digest

image.jpeg.23339ea45d5a5c0a8e9153aff00889f9.jpeg

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

6.5mm projectiles are amazing.  Bad to the bone.  From the .308 case, that would be .260 Remington.  My .260 is a Dragon Slayer...  :laffs:

With this 6 ARC thing coming around, and my history on the 6.5 Grendel - I had to do a 6 ARC gun.  Or two.  That little 6mm projectile is even a LEEETLE BIT MORE better than the 6.5mm Projo.  Barely.  But it's there.

I have a .243 Win rem bolt gun that I got into this 6mm/308 Win thing with, and I haven't done much with it, but it's a Rem 783 Varmint, and it's nice.  I need to work up a load for it, and get it going, but I've barely shot the poor little thing.  I suck, on that part.  .243 Win AR, though, is missing from my arsenal.  I sadly declare that.  Once I work up this bolt gun, the AR will follow.

Here's the boltie...

Remington 783 Varmint Review - Guns and Ammo

Remington Model 783 Varmint - GunsAmerica Digest

image.jpeg.23339ea45d5a5c0a8e9153aff00889f9.jpeg

Awesome wood.  Luv the HB.  What optic? 

If I do a bolt gun it’s going to be a chassis in .300 Win Mag.  Obviously some around here are in fear of that one because the caliber in ammo moves the slowest.  

I’ve found a few boxes of Grendel other than Wolf Military but it’s still somewhat rationed on the shelves here and infrequent on the web, at reasonable prices anyway.  6.8 SPC is about the same and I bought a box of this in frangible a couple of weeks ago just to laugh in the face of disaster.  Made damn sure I bought those RCBS dies first though. 👍

The rifle world has gone bonkers over 6mm - 6.5mm.  US military now has the .277 “Fury” and that’s going to be ultra badass at 80,000 PSI pressure 👍😆👍😆.  Let’s see there’s the ARC, the Western, the Grendel, the SPC, and I’m sure about a dozen others.  Then you have that company in Ohio that is offering the modernized BAR in 30.06 and it is an awesome job they did on that not to mention the retro they offer.  Shame I lack some of the needed funds. 😫

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 6:48 PM, 98Z5V said:

AR308Parts.jpgCDNN SportsDPMS308P5.jpgREMF410834-Double.jpgRFS1047ML.jpg

PMTS32873.jpg

DPMSF412328.jpg

PRE308CH%201.png

DPMSF1000582.jpg

TACMAR120308.jpg

F1000604.jpg

Plus tons of other parts.  Hit up CDNN and check it out.

I bought just about everything shown here and still either via CDNN or elsewhere and still made out less than $450.00.  The whole lower receiver came with enough parts to build a complete lower assembly.  I did not need anything to technically complete the whole lower receiver to the point it’s ready for a completed upper.  I ordered a La Rue trigger of course so I’m waiting for that to finish it and I should be range ready as soon as the trigger arrives.  One of the best purchases I ever made across the board. 👍

FYI … if this was a blem receiver or “factory second” I absolutely cannot tell and I looked it over real well before I got started.  I don’t think anyone still on the fence about will be disappointed if they decide to take the shallow plunge. 🤷‍♂️