• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sticky Bolt

Longtom

I have completed my LR 308 build. It is a 20" 1-10 twist 308 win socom style barrel with matching BCG w/ side eject. I matched to an 80 percent lower with spec grade single stage trigger. I have a A2 fixed stock and buffer tube matched for 308 ,extreme duty tube spring and buffer.

My problem is that the rounds are sticking when they chamber. I have checked and resized my loads using new Hornady match grade dies. OAL is exact to loading manual. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this and how can I get this problem sqaured away.

On 9/5/2022 at 2:37 PM, edgecrusher said:

There is not nearly enough information here. No measurements, branding or information here. Also. You should use known factory ammo for break in periods to eliminate re load tolerance issues. Please provide specific info 

Sorry for not being more specific. That is my next plan of action. Thank you.

On 9/5/2022 at 2:53 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

Have you shot it at all?  Or is it sticking with hand cycling?

Both, I really believe its the ammo. It does shoot but not cycling smoothly and of course it sticks when hand cycling. When its sticking it is transmitted through recoil. I did check all spent rounds and none showed evidence of excessive pressure.