• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Accurized AR Match, 24 Sep 22

98Z5V

So, this match was supposed to be interesting.  August match, @JBMatt cleaned the fucking course AGAIN again.  Multiple times now.  I missed one shot in August, from cleaning the whole course, shot my fastest time on the timed stage, and did pretty damned well for myself.  I decided then...

I need to make it harder.  Decided at the August match that I was shooting the 16" Precision Gun for the Sep match.  Well, Matty agreed@!  He was gonna shoot his 16" gun, too!  I show up, and he's got his damn 18" gun again...  Alright, Fuqr, you SAID...   Whatever...   :bat:

I rode the Struggle-Bus on the first stage that we shot, and hit 4 out of 9 - I dropped 5 targets on that stage.  It took a minute to figure out the BDC reticle that works so amazing on my 18" gun, and applying it to my 16" gun.  That stage sucked for me, and I thought the whole course sucked, thought the next 2 stages were horrible...  but I only dropped 1 target on each of those next two stages.  Cleaned the last 2 stages.  I ended up 44 hits out of 51 targets, and that was still only good enough for something like 21st place.  The talent pool is DEEP out here, for shooters...   :laffs:

Of course, Matty smoked the whole course again, and shot the 2nd fastest time, and ended up crushing it.  ALL.  I just wish he would have manned up and brought his 16" gun, like he said he would, back in August...   :thefinger:

Here's the technicals, for those that like to geek out on the numbers:

https://practiscore.com/results/html/6d7f6ef7-82b2-44c6-98b2-c1913f9d9620

Here's what we shot - here's the course of fire:

716386508_Stg1.thumb.png.6b00b7755748b86e25fae9b70bf13103.png

195543399_Stg2.thumb.png.2e32d04f41b6f9c50fde7d1ca3eb109e.png

1398924775_Stg3.thumb.png.ab7810d019740d2613bed221fa41f1b3.png

851288041_Stg4.thumb.png.34add496851fc2deac3969427b6d41f1.png

252956931_Stg5.thumb.png.4db4e22561a102a36d5e93ceb05d324a.png

@Shadow, did you sign up and shoot this match?

For the record, I'm highly impressed with my 16" precision gun - it got it done, once I got my shiit together and got that BDC going.  That gun rocks, and I'll shoot it again in these matches.  :hail::thumbup:  Ballistic Advantage 16" SPR stainless barrel rocked it - once I had it going.  :banana:

Click the pics of the Stage pics  -keep clicking until they get bigger - they will.

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I just wish he would have manned up and brought his 16" gun, like he said he would, back in August...   :thefinger:

Sorry to disappoint ya, buddy!  I didn't have the time for load development and verification and learning the BDC on that rifle that I thought I would to make that 16" competitive.  Plus, we have the 2 day match coming up.  I thought it would be best to continue to learn and reaffirm the gun I've been using.  I plan on doing as well as I can at the October match, and hopefully bringing home some hardware.  After the October match I'll start playing around with different stuff.