• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LMT .308

loridah

8) Anyone have or know of anyone owning an LMT .308 ? Just wondering if you can reload for it. I owned an AR-10 Armalite and you cant reload for it. Factory only. I would like to have an LMT .308, but if you cant reload for it, I dont want it. I have all the components to reload for .308, so I dont need to buy factory ammo. Any answers would be appreciated. WG

I believe all manufacturers  frown on reloading , per warranty info . Now that I said that , its a crock !

I would not shoot much ,if I had to buy loaded ammo. Go for it , just don't tell any manufacturer that you shoot reloads , if you are sending a firearm in for warranty work.

How would they know , unless you told them.

You should've been able to reload for your ar-10,  did you try and have problems? If so, what? many inquiring minds want to know. reloading for the .308 ar's has been successful for many here, and i'm positive they will be able help. maybe you could post some of your loads too.

I tried using 168gr Sierra Matchking bullets with new cases, once fired cases, older cases, and they would not feed. Then, I tried neck turning the cases and also used fireformed cases to no avail. I tried a multiple of dies, custom dies, from about 4 different companies. Then I took the rifle to a friend of mine who reloads for everything and he tried. Again, no go. It would only feed factory ammo. But, by golly, it was very accurate when it did fire. So, I sold it and was wondering if you could reload for the LMT.

I have been reloading .308 for some time for a 1919 but it will gobble up just about anything. I recently built a DPMS pattern rifle and found out my reloads would not chamber, tried them in a friends bolt gun with a kreiger barrel and most would not chamber. Switched to small base dies and it got better but only about half would chamber, and some that would could not be extracted when cycling by hand, this was due to a rough and possibly tight chamber, had to fix a few minor issues with the gun and got it to cycle and extract well but still would not always close on the round on the first try but it usually would if I pulled it back as far as possible a couple of times and let it slam shut. I talked to a local gunsmith that has done good work for friends and he said to shorten the sizer or the shell holder a few thousandths because he has seen many slightly out of spec dies that would not push the shoulder back anough for a gun with minimal headspace. I didn't have to as a light chamber polishing did the trick, but what he said does make sense to me and would explain why they would not chamber in my buddies bolt gun I may try to shorten the sizer just a few thousandths and try in the bolt gun again. I'm new to these guns but just thought I would share what I have found out so far.