• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Final stage of brass prep.

NF1E

Finishing up final prep on a few thousand once fired MEN berdan .308 cases this morning. Cases have been de-primed, wet tumbled with ss pins, run through the case dryer, sized, tumbled again and run through the case dryer one more time. Trimming to 2.00 with the Giraud is the final stage before priming and loading in my shop. Just love having a nice stash of ready to load cases on the shelf. Keeps me out of trouble. Whatta Hobby!

Trimming berdan brass..jpg

cases.jpg

Powder.jpg

Bullets.jpg

Batch of 200 primed and ready for loading. Had to prime using my left " weak" hand. Right is still in recovery after surgery. Didn't realize how much weaker my left was. Real chore using the hand primer. Whatta Hobby!

Primed and ready.jpg

On 3/9/2023 at 11:47 AM, NF1E said:

Batch of 200 primed and ready for loading. Had to prime using my left " weak" hand. Right is still in recovery after surgery. Didn't realize how much weaker my left was. Real chore using the hand primer. Whatta Hobby!

Primed and ready.jpg

I hand prime all my rifle cartridges.  I know how u feel.  I use a thick pair of gloves w/ finger tips exposed to help cushion my hand. I check each n every case to make sure primer is seated properly. I do them in batches so I don't have to do all at once. 

I have 3 words for anyone using a hand primer.  Lee Bench Prime   Seriously!  The handle pushes straight down toward the bench in the priming motion and you get the same "in the hand" feel of whether or not the primer pocket is tight.  No sore hands after a session of 500 primed cases.