• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ops Inc 12th Model, Allen Engineering AEM5, and...

Baddest suppressor ever developed.  There's a definite history on the Ops inc 12th Model, and later the Allen Engineering AEM5.  Ron Allen was involved with both, heavily - manufactured the originals, basically, and was the sole manufacturer of the latter, by himself.  Ron Allen retired a couple years ago.  That meant the suppressor was gone. 

Well, I know it was a matter of time, before someone scooped it's designs and patents up - and someone did.  Otter Creek Labs.

I missed this, but this was a year ago.  Seems like the news isn't out there, so let's blast it out.  Here's the year-ago vid:

Here's the Otter Creek Labs website:

https://ottercreeklabs.com/

Here's a direct link to the Otter Creek Labs OCM5 suppressor:

https://ottercreeklabs.com/product/ocm5/

1 hour ago, Matt.Cross said:

This makes me happy!

Makes me Sad Panda, brother.  With YOUR background, I wanted YOU to get the patents, and make these in the future.  And retire in luxury - and customer service heartache (because there is ALWAYS that part of it...).  

I wanted the MCDM5 can.   The Matt Cross Designs M5 can.   :hail:

FWIW - Otter Creek Labs has a BUNCH of cool muzzle devices.  You can run this can on just about anything with a 0.750" barrel profile out front, whether it's got the SPR profile cuts on it or not.  This is some great development.  Gun Pusher John has 3 of these cans on the way already.  :thumbup:

On 4/16/2023 at 10:51 PM, 98Z5V said:

Makes me Sad Panda, brother.  With YOUR background, I wanted YOU to get the patents, and make these in the future.  And retire in luxury - and customer service heartache (because there is ALWAYS that part of it...).  

FWIW - Otter Creek Labs has a BUNCH of cool muzzle devices.  You can run this can on just about anything with a 0.750" barrel profile out front, whether it's got the SPR profile cuts on it or not.  This is some great development.  Gun Pusher John has 3 of these cans on the way already.  :thumbup:

OCL took the initiative and made it happen, I have mad respect for them and they deserve it. Couldn't happen to nicer folks AFAIC... I'm just glad that I can still put the can on my Mk12s that they deserve.

On 4/16/2023 at 10:51 PM, 98Z5V said:

This comment right here... 

Started something epic! Something I've wanted to do for a very long time and just couldn't bring myself to commit to...

This is your fault, I blame it all on you: https://forum.308ar.com/topic/26085-well-i-went-and-did-a-thing/