• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Best price on .223/5.56 ammo?

draco41

$249 per 1k on Wolf 55gr or 62gr (either one, same price) from Surplus Ammo.  That's the non-brass stuff, though.  Steel cased, polymer coated, non-corrosive.

The stuff isn't bad, and I use it for general range training for the 9mm and the .45.  I'll be picking up a case of the 62gr for general AR-15 use in a couple weeks.  They also have a good deal on real M-855 62gr green tip, at $370 per 1k.

https://surplusammo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_38&products_id=132

https://surplusammo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_38&products_id=135

Steel cased, polymer coated, non-corrosive.

I have a friend who shot a lot of this in his AR. He started have ejection  and chambering problems. he found that the polymer coating was melting in a hot chamber. the only way he could fix it was for a gunsmith to run a finish reamer in the chamber to scape it out. since then, I wont touch the stuff in a semi-auto. But thanks for the link anyways :D

Dang - top link to the 55gr stuff - not working 'cause it's sold out now.  That was fast, becuase they just listed it about a week ago.

draco, thanks for the heads up on the poly coating - I haven't used the stuff in the 5.56, just pistol caliber.  Thinking about it, there's not too many ways to heat the pistols up to the exent the AR would heat up, so I can see where the problems would come up.  I am snatching up some of the SS109, though.  :D

Hey draco, not sure what you're running for barrel twist, but if it's a 1/7 or 1/8, then Midway has the Prvi Partizan 75gr BTHP match ammo on sale for $10.99 per 20 box.  That runs until April 30th.  It's as accurate as Black Hills 77gr SMK out of my 1/7 gun.  Great stuff, man.

• 2 months later...