• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Geissele trigger question?

LongDucDong

You know what irks me? The name "Geissele"!! No matter how many times I see it I still read it as "Gi-Sell" or even "Geese-Lee"... Knowing full well the guy pronounces his name "Guyz-lee".

There is absolutely no weight or substance to my post. Just white noise to be ignored.

My minor thread jack. Carry on, as you were.

You know what irks me? The name "Geissele"!! No matter how many times I see it I still read it as "Gi-Sell" or even "Geese-Lee"... Knowing full well the guy pronounces his name "Guyz-lee".

There is absolutely no weight or substance to my post. Just white noise to be ignored.

My minor thread jack. Carry on, as you were.

1st of all,  thank you for this post.  Useless humor is always welcome to break up certain types of discourse.

Based on what I highlighted above, it's very easy to see that you bought the wrong Geissele triggers, based on what you wanted.  More research before purchase would have shown you that to get what you really want in a Geissele trigger, you should have gone with one of the triggers in the Hi-Speed series. The Service, Match, or DMR would have done much, much more for you, based on what your expectations were.  You can't buy a Silverado, and expect it to act like a Corvette - even though they're both Chevys...  <dontknow>

2nd of all, I'm not sure if you're calling the S3G Corvette or the Silverado since the S3G is for hi-speed action shooting.  However, I do see what you're getting at but I'm still not sure if the Hi-Speed Geisseles would have fit my purpose as well.  From my research, they still have a long trigger pull and a longer reset than the S3G.  These are two things I don't like in my triggers.  Maybe it is unfortunate that my first AR trigger was an AR Gold and all subsequent triggers are compared against that standard.  With the AR Gold, I get the advantages of a short 2-stage pull and a very short reset.  This allows me to make very fast precise shots.  I was hoping the S3G could give me similar performance.  The only other trigger that has come close thus far was the JP installed JP triggers I've tried.

I might be a little late in saying this, but I wasn't trying to insult you or discredit you with what I was trying to get across.  Just making observations based on my experience with those 3 triggers, and the info from the Geissele website on the trigger differences.  If you haven't sold those triggers yet, I'm certain that someone here on the board will snatch them up of you want to get rid of them.  I get mine for a pretty good price (with discount), so I probably wouldn't grab them - but somebody here would.  If you went that route, you wouldn't be out much, and you could replace those suckers.  <thumbsup> 

I might be a little late in saying this, but I wasn't trying to insult you or discredit you with what I was trying to get across.  Just making observations based on my experience with those 3 triggers, and the info from the Geissele website on the trigger differences.  If you haven't sold those triggers yet, I'm certain that someone here on the board will snatch them up of you want to get rid of them.  I get mine for a pretty good price (with discount), so I probably wouldn't grab them - but somebody here would.  If you went that route, you wouldn't be out much, and you could replace those suckers.  <thumbsup>

Sorry, if I was interpreting you as being contentious.  My disappointment is after all, just my experience and I'm sure others are very happy with their S3Gs and other Geissele triggers.

I'm hoping to sell the S3G without much loss but lately firearm-related products I've tried to sell with what I felt were good prices have been haggled down to the point where I was barely satisfied with the sale.

• 1 year later...

I have a SSA-E in one of my rifles and a Wilson Combat TTU 4# single stage in another. They are both very good triggers but both very different. As 98Z5V stated and no offense intended, do a lot of research before buying, but until you feel one in the rifle you are putting it in, research is one thing coping a feel so to speak is another lol.  I have noticed I like a smooth single stage on a scoped AR with a little bit of take up in the trigger and a short but positive reset  and a 2.5-3.5 pound pull.