• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Checking in from Ohio

308Daze

Hello Brothers!

I'm Tom, new to this forum. Found it while trying to make up my mind on a 308.

My first AR was compliments of the US Army. While I stationed in Panama I attended M60 gunners school. (My first intro to the 308)

When I got out, I bought Colt HBAR 5.56 and a case of ammo. Soon after, my hunting and shooting buddy moved outta town. My Ol Colt became a closet queen for 18 yrs. (booo... I know..I know) I still hunted but something was missing.

Well my old buddy is back in town and all of a sudden he is REALLY into the AR platform. Says its my fault, ever since I bought that HBAR he has wanted one. Two months later he has 3 and now I feel like I'm falling behind. You all know what I mean. :cookoo:

I'm stuck, I can not decide on a 308. I really like the POF, well from what I read. I haven't gotten to fire one. I want to shoot hogs, deer, paper. .5 moa sounds nice but I'm not sure I'm that steady any more...and 3K is pricey...

I apologize for rambling on...

Thanks everyone!

I'm 20 miles s/w of cleveland...little town...

Former g/f lived in Lakewood - yeah, I know the Lakewood jokes...    <lmao>  I've been roaming around that area quite a bit.  Found a badass tattoo place to touch up my ink out in Elyria, during one of my visits. 

You've gotta be within driving distance of ADCO - that would be very bad for me, in that situation...  <dontknow> <laughs>

Hey there brother from mentor! I bought my current softail out your way.

Tom, I have a former g/f in lakewood too....the b..err, I mean, wonderful lady sold my 94 softail...great burger joint out there..the riverwood.. I am currenty just s of eylria...little town called grafton...