• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Great Day!

Boomer .308

Hello all,

I'm new to the group and just wanted to say hi.  I "pulled the trigger" and purchased my first .308 today; I'm so pumped.  Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have my new DPMS LR-308B (can't wait to hold her...lol).  I'm in the Frisco TX area and would love to meet folks in the area who also suffer from the black gun fever.  Looking forward to being a part of this group; love what I've seen so far on this site. 

Thanks everyone.  I wasn't familiar with topguns so I appreciate the info Washguy.  Just checked out the website; looks like I need to plan a trip up that way!  How is it out there after the rains?  We needed it but man that was a soaker.

Hey Boomer  Yep that was a soaker!  After a rain its a no go up there cause you dont go out there to put up your targets...the owner Terry does in his truck...the road gets muddy so he sez

but I think it only takes a day to dry out.

We only go to this place now that we found it early this summer. They are nice folks up there and there are no nit wits you have to contend with. I used to think 100 yards was far.... but being able to shoot 2,3,4, and even 500 yards will make you a better marksman...after shooting 300 yards a 100yd target is in your face <thumbsup>  Wash

IMG_0210-1.jpg