• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AAC Fires Lynsey Thompson

The hits keep coming. This time, Freedom Group fired Advanced Armament Corporation’s plant manager, Lynsey Thompson, yesterday. A source told me that the move signals Freedom Group, LLC’s intention to fold the AAC operation into the existing Remington factory in Ilion, New York. Remington Defense is a subsidiary of Freedom Group that oversees the operation of AAC. “The rumor that we are moving the operation to New York is one hundred percent untrue,” says E. Scott Blackwell, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer for Freedom Group, LLC, when asked about the rumored move. “We have zero intention of moving AAC to New York; We’re hiring 5-7 new people and we just purchased a new [coordinate measuring machine] that we’re putting in there.”

Thompson’s firing marks the loss of the third of the three top positions in the Remington Defense subsidiary. Prior to her termination Kevin Britingham was fired from his position at the head of AAC as Remington Defense’s leader, Jason Schaubel,  resigned. When asked about the reason for Thompson’s dismissal, Blackwell defered to company policy that prevented him from discussing personel matters decisions.

“We have moved some companies to New York in the past, we’ve learned lessons from that and AAC is not moving to Ilion, New York,” Blackwell told GearScout today, “AAC is doing just fine where it is. We’ve got a great workforce and there’s no reason to pick it up and move it to a facility where they’re producing firearms.

Blackwell will visit AAC’s Lawrenceville,GA, facility Monday along with other Freedom Group executives, including FGI CEO Robert Nardelli for meetings with AAC employees.

“We’re invested in the place, there’s good people down there and their focused on growing the business its a great brand great products great history and we intend to grow it,” said Blackwell.

We're famous for our ability to drive business out of the state ,not encourage them to move here.....firearms or any other manufacturers ....they might move AAC ,but I doubt it would ever come to NY .....can't believe Freedom Group has left the Remington operation alone...figured they'd have been one of the first casualties in a move to reduce cost ..

I've discussed this on other websites and my question is always: Why would the president sell out the company without securing (on paper) the jobs of his employees?

At minimum get them a 6-12 month "cannot fire" clause for a heads up if they know full and well what the take over is going to include.

Its one thing to sell your company and make money (which you have every right to do), but its a completely different story if you sell your company knowing full and well the new Captain is going to sink the ship.  :cookoo:

Perhaps they had to sign an NDA or some sort of statement forbidding them to speak in public about the issue(s) that forced them out.

I've never heard of that when getting fired?? I would agree if they left voluntarily and received a severance package as part of the "hush order". Maybe a NDA was purchased prior to them leaving... Or maybe they (the AAC staff members) actually fucked up enough to get fired and they don't want anyone to know about it.

You can still be fired and get a severance package.

They basically say, "We are going to fire you - however here is your consolidation prize if you keep your mouth shut and sign this paperwork. That or you can take the walk and leave empty handed. Your choice."

Most people, having just been fired, would take the prize and walk (while shutting up).