• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Testing Sound Systems...

98Z5V

When I do a sound system, I have 3 songs that are Go-To songs for checking a system out.  I list them, and post them in a minute - but what you hear from a YT vid doesn't do a song justice, through a phone, or computer.  All 3 hit pretty hard when the bass comes in, but it's the mix of the other songs that make the difference - even when an artist includes "static" into their sound - makes a difference.

So, for the past 1.5 weeks (yes, over T-Day), I've been in a crunch to get a custom rig done to take to a show, and it has to be delivered to the show grounds TOMORROW.  I finished it tonight.  It's the baddest thing I've ever built, from a stock rig (that's already badass).  I'll get a walkaround Go-Pro of it tomorrow morning, including audio, before they trailer it and move it to the show.  It might sell at the show, because of the history of the rig, and I might not ever see it again.

I kicked my own ass over the last 1.5 weeks on this thing, overnighting parts over T-Day...  and the last 3 days at work have been - literally - non-stop.  Just to meet this deadline. 

Gotta give a HUGE shoutout to DynoJet.  Right off the bat.  I got the full exhaust on this thing last Wednesday, day before T-Day, and I ripped the fuk out of it in the parking lot, to heat the pipes.  It's just stupid - but not tuned for the pipe.  Called DynoJet Wednesday, told them the jam I was in, the timeline for the show this weekend, and what I had to do.  I'm overnighting the ECU to you to tune.  I need it overnighted back to me to verify the tune.  THey said, "No problem..."  Told them the exhaust I was using...   Trinity Racing Full Exhaust.  They said, "Yeah, their muffler-delete, and their slip-on cans for the stock pipe."  Yeah, no.  I have their header, AND the other part - I need a tune for Trinity's FULL exhaust...   There was a long pause on the phone, on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving... 

"YOU HAVE the FULL TRINITY EXHAUST?!??"

Well, why, YES I DO, and it fuckin' RIPS just like it is!!!"

DynoJet...  "We don't have a tune for that yet, because you're the first customer to approach us about that - but we'll take care of you..."

I've been a DJ Customer since 2003.  My guy at work tried to tell them what needed to be done, and was stonewalled.  I've been a DJ Dealer since 2003.  I told my guy at work to use my name, or give the phone to me when he got them on the line - problem solved.  Right then. 

The ECU for this rig was overnighted on Wednesday, day before T-Day, we were off T-Day, and the ECU showed up Friday, after T-Day.  Bonus - told YOU, parts dude, you better use my name when you're asking them this shiit.  AND, DynoJet  payed for the overnight shipping TO them and BACK to me.  They only charged me the standard re-programming fee  - for a tune that they didn't even have yet.  They know the deal - I just made them money in the future with this tune.  They hooked me up.  Big Time. 

I'll run a whole GoPro vid around this rig tomorrow morning, audio test included, before we ship it to the show.  I think it's gonna get bought at the show, and I'll never see it trailered back to the shop. 

This rig is the baddest thing I've ever built, from a stock rig, with stock engine internals.  It cost me 3 more gray hairs to complete it.  Until I post that walkaround vid from tomorrow morning, I'll leave you with my 3 songs to test a strong sound system.  These are my Go-To songs.  If a sound system sucks with any one of the 3, then the sound system needs work.

Keep in mind - what you hear through YT, it's not the same thing as that audio shaking your soul, disrupting your heatbeat - when you're right beside the thing, or even close to it when it's jammin'...

These songs are the ones...

This is the one you'll hear tomorrow morning, in the audiop test that I record on the GoPro...

If it pulls Tech N9Ne, it moves on.  If it pulls Masked Wolf...

When those 2 pass, I give it this one...

DeOrro, Five Hours.  That's the final test.  Might not sound like much in this YT vid - but if you blast this through a system that works, you'll think you're front-stage at the concert...  This one is the ultimate RIPPER for a sound test.  Masked Wolf Astronaut passed, so this one will always pass, too.  It's just the bump, sound, you need to hear this one as the finale.  It's a slammer, if the system is good.

I'll get my vid of this rig I built, myself, over the last couple weeks -I'll get this shiit in here tomorrow. 

It's a Nasty Motherfucker. 

Edited by 98Z5V

Even though this rig in is on the final show tires - those BFGs...  I'll try to get someone vid me blasting this thing down a straight, drifting out with mass horsepower - before the boss lets it leave for the show.  I'll try me damndest, to just let me rip it one one more time, just for a vid, before we pack it up.  I think I'll win, and have a vid for you all - sideways, but straight.  Full skinny pedal.