• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bolt Carrier Questions/Suggestions

Jangles

I am looking for a bolt carrier for my .308 build. It will be for a Mega MA-Ten receiver set w/ a JP enhanced bolt so it needs to be DPMS pattern/style which I believe everything in my list below is.

Fulton Armory has one, are these made by DPMS or does Fulton Armory make their own?

I've seen pictures of the Young Manufacturing bolt carrier, they look nice, I do not see them for sale anywhere, I'm guessing I need to call them for more info? I've read you have to use the standard AR-15 firing pin retainer pin with these?

I've read about SI Defense making one, however I don't think I've seen one and their site appears to be down.

Not sure about the JP low mass carrier as I have read it is meant to work w/ an adjustable gas system which I'm not interested in having to mess with.

Am I leaving any out? Can anyone recommend one over the other? Aside from the JP low mass carrier are there any real differences between them or is one better than the other?

Regardless I would just go with the FA for the extra QC and customer service.

I gave them a call the other day, guy on the phone was nice. Said no problems w/ the JP bolt but wasn't 100% sure about running it in the Mega upper. Pretty sure I've seen others mention running FA's bolt carrier in their Mega builds so I don't think there should be any issues w/ it.

JP bolt goes w/ DPMS as stated in the original post.

I was asking if anyone could suggest one of the mentioned bolt carriers over another, if one was better, any differences, etc.

I called Young and they said they won't have any bolt carries for at least a month so it looks like I will be ordering one from Fulton as imschur suggested.

JP bolt goes w/ DPMS as stated in the original post.

I was asking if anyone could suggest one of the mentioned bolt carriers over another, if one was better, any differences, etc.

I called Young and they said they won't have any bolt carries for at least a month so it looks like I will be ordering one from Fulton as imschur suggested.

Missed that one - sorry.

The Fulton bolt carrier is a DPMS carrier - getting it from Fulton gives you two things: 1) faster shipping to you, over what DPMS would give you, and 2) better customer service during and after the sale.

I'm running one from Fulton in my rifle.