• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Build suggestions

MegaTon

Im looking into building another ar 308 and I've been kicking around some ideas in my head of different configurations. I figured it would be more fun to see what you guys thought about what kinds of uppers/lowers/barrels/etc would make a good rifle or just ideas for projects you never finished. My only standards are that it isnt larue or pof expensive, I can use it for hunting to keep the woman of the house from asking too many questions about why I need it, it can also function as a decent battle rifle if it had too, and it needs to accept dpms magazines to be compatible with the other rifle. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

the other rifle is a dpms with an a4 upper, a 16 in barrel with the 13.8" troy MRF battlerail with Blackhawk pistol grip, foregrip, and single point sling. Its topped off with a sightmark night vision scope. I want this next rifle to be my day gun, and I want it all colored dark earth. Something about a dark earth rifle with a chrome barrel seems so appealing to me. Probably with a longer barrel. I know it's a very opened ended question but thats the fun!! <thumbsup>

okay, you asked for it.

.308 spr build

http://www.fulton-armory.com/barrelfatitan185nmmedss1x10936gasblock.aspx

mega matched billet receiver set from the group buy, magpul prs, how about the troy 13.8 trx, pistol grip is a personal thing, some duracoat in magpul fde, well in your price requirements, light enough to hunt with, accurate enough for 800?

Sounds like you're wanting a CMMG 308 w/18" SS barrel and Magpul PRS stock, all in FDE. Check out CDNN's catalog at cdnninvestments.com.

JM, from what I heard CMMG discontinued that one,CDNN was out of stock when I called to order one so I called CMMG and that's what they told me,they have something new coming out soon.

Thanks everybody. I really like the prs stock and I love troy products so thats probably the route Ill go again. The mega receivers have a good look but hows the quality on them? And how compatible are they with dpms parts? Once again thank you guys for all the suggestions!

JM, from what I heard CMMG discontinued that one,CDNN was out of stock when I called to order one so I called CMMG and that's what they told me,they have something new coming out soon.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. I hope that whatever CMMG comes up with it's near the same price as the previous model, it was quite a steal at the price it was offered.

Mega's can be had in both Armalite and KAC patterns, as I understand it.

I haven't personally built on the Armalite receivers, but IMO the quality of the Mega receiver set (which I own) is superior to that of the DPMS receiver sets which I have bult on. I have not run into any problems as far as parts fit goes, with any DPMS type parts that I have used to build my MA TEN.