• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What trigger pin size for MA-Ten?

Tacticalgenius

Hey everyone,

I was in the process of finishing up my MA-ten build last night (or so I thought) when the trigger pins from my DPMS LR-308 LPK decided to keep going out the other side of the receiver with no resistance!  Just wondering what size the MA-ten trigger pin hole is and what trigger pins work best.  FYI, I tried some RRA trigger pins that came with a 2-stage trigger and they won't fit, too big.  I am assuming that the RRA are .156 and the DPMS are .154 (from what I read about), so I guess a happy middle ground would be these, http://www.midwayusa.com/product/857672/kns-hammer-and-trigger-pin-2nd-generation-2nd-modification-non-rotating-ar-15-small-pin-oversize-1555-stainless-steel?cm_cat=Cart&cm_pla=ProductDesc

Thanks for any help!

TG

Did you install the trigger/spring with the pin ? Most pins will go through the receiver with out a trigger/spring to give it resistance & of course the "J " spring in the hammer keeps the hammer pin in place , as does the hammer spring keep the trigger pin in place.

Pins should have groves in them for this purpose .

Some may be tight & there should be some slight resistance.

Did you install the trigger/spring with the pin ? Most pins will go through the receiver with out a trigger/spring to give it resistance & of course the "J " spring in the hammer keeps the hammer pin in place , as does the hammer spring keep the trigger pin in place.

I did install the trigger assembly with the supplied pins.  They do fit better, but I am still able to move them with a slightly firm push of the finger.  I hope they don't walk out on my at the range.  Jason from Mega said to try the KNS .154 pins.  I will try them if these walk out on me.  Thanks for the help!

TG

I did install the trigger assembly with the supplied pins.  They do fit better, but I am still able t o move them with a slightly firm push of the finger.  I hope they don't walk out on my at the range.  Jason from Mega said to try the KNS .154 pins.  I will try them if these walk out on me.  Thanks for the help!

TG

I use kns Gen 2 pins in all my guns, they are a sound investment