• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

This dude is good!

BLKSHEEP

that was nasty, poop man, is that what it's like when you guys hunt them?

Not usually, in that video they were either making man drives or using dogs to push the hogs. I've shot a few deer on the run & 1 hog that charged me,that big sob fell at my feet! scared the shite out of me ;D

In the late 80's, my wife and I had a monthly trip  scheudled to Paso Robles.

On one occasion we chased the pigs through a wheat field, and down an embankment, and up a ridge on the other side,,,,,,,a lot of pigs ran through an opening at the top of the ridge, and it was like  a shooting gallery!!!!!

My Mauser 375-06 only held 5 rounds, and I had to single load three more rounds befor we ran out of hogs.

I shot 8 pigs, with 8 rounds, and they all landed in a pile at the bottom of the hill.

No pics, but I have three people who were with me who saw me do it.

God!  I love to hunt pigs!

Respectfully

Terry

The Pig guide had a deal with a local resturant.

We took two home ( they were terrific!!!!!)  and the guide traded the rest to his friend.

One of the pigs we took home was over 300#, the other was what we called a "bbq" pig, just over 100# dressed, and we bbq'ed it whole.

When we had the gunshop, my wife and I hosted what we called "Turkey Day" on the Sunday befor thanksgiving.  It was when we invited all our friends from the shop over for "dinner".    The last one we hosted, we had 79 people over.  Did a whole pig, and deep pitted a whole rear haunch of venison, along with one "traditional" turkey, and one done in a Webber Kettle.

Those were some fine times.

Terry