• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Army Now Says No Ban on Rifle Magazines

The Pentagon has clarified the Army’s stance on a recent safety message that effectively banned a certain high-performance, commercial M4 magazine, which means soldiers can keep using their PMAGs.

The confusion began when Army officials from the TACOM Life Cycle Management Command issued a message in April, declaring that the only government-issued aluminum magazines were authorized for use in the M4 and M16 rifles.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/06/07/army-now-says-no-ban-on-rifle-magazines.html

Somebody with some common sense "unfucked" the idiots that sent that original message out...  That was truly the dumbest thing I've ever seen the Army issue/publish/enact, and when I first read it, the only thing I thought was....

I was right in my decision to GTFO.  Eff the Military Politics.  :o

Something is restored, with this information.  Thank you much, Pat.  <thumbsup>

Something is not right in the information that's available, too - politics were DEFINITELY involved initially, and in the "aftermath" of that announcement...

"It’s still unclear why TACOM issued the message at this time, but sources say it might have something to do with the $10.7 million contract TACOM Rock Island awarded to Brownells Inc. in 2009 to produce 1.4 million improved magazines by January 2010."

"By contrast, PMAGs have developed a word-of-mouth reputation for being extremely reliable as well as durable. Special operations units such as Army’s 75th Ranger Regiment issue PMAGs as do many infantry units before war-zone deployments."

fornicate yeah.  RLTW.  <thumbsup>