• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

what does this residue mean? (gasblock punchdown pin)

soofley

Won't necessarily leak fouling out both sides.  Depends on the roll pin, really.

In a few more rounds, the carbon fouling will completely seal it, and it won't leak anymore.  Nothing to worry about.

How many total rounds through this build so far?

Won't necessarily leak fouling out both sides.  Depends on the roll pin, really.

In a few more rounds, the carbon fouling will completely seal it, and it won't leak anymore.  Nothing to worry about.

How many total rounds through this build so far?

ah tnX! just making sure!

i haven't shot it ever since i last took my rifles to the range, which is like 4 months or so ago lol. But for sure i only shot less than 200 rounds.

Shoulda been sealed by 200 rounds.  Not a worry anyway.  Looks like the carbon is coming directly from the split in the roll pin, which isn't abnormal.  If it doesn't seal soon, replace the gas tube rollpin.  If you need one, I've got about a hundred thousand of them...  :o <thumbsup>

Clean the stuff off the outside of the gas block, so you can see if anymore is building up during the next range session, or blowing by.