• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Where do you get your brass?

Pappy1600

I pick up everything when I qualify my guys at the range,so plenty of .40 and .223 available, but for .308 I have had to purchase my brass, I have found a site that has great brass and bullets, purchased some 308 pulldowns and have to say I can not find a pull mark on any of the bullets. Their brass is awesome, fully preped and ready to load, company is called "Top Brass" here is a link;

http://www.topbrass-inc.com/reloading-supplies/

Another company I like to deal with is Hi-Tech ammo, purchased some pulldown powder from them along with bullets.

http://www.hi-techammo.com/

Anyone using any other companies that have good deals? if so please share.

Not loading .308 yet but get my brass from a variety of sources.

My main practice range is used by a number of govt agencies that leave 9mm, .40, .45acp, and .223 all over (where as we are required to pickup our brass). I scavenge theirs and call it a tax refund.

I buy once-fired handgun brass but only in huge quantaties that make rejects acceptable.  Usually this will be on Gunbroker.

New, hard to find brass I get when it goes on sale, i.e., .45 Colt or .25-20, which can be silly expensive.  I watch all the sites mentioned plus MidwayUSA and Gunbroker for those.

Jon

So far I have been using PPU brass from a case of ammo I bought at a gun show last year but I know eventually I'll have to start buying my brass. Every time I check the buckets at the range nothing but steal nobody seems to by brass cased ammo anymore unless your a reloader.

Going to bookmark this thread for future reference  <thumbsup>

Of course the Lake City plant is just a few miles from me what I wouldn't give to go shopping there :o

I just keep my eye on the forums and bought 1K once fired LC brass for $100 +-.  My gun is currently shooting 3/4 to 1.25 MOA out to 400 and that brass.  We'll see if it shoots any better once I'm through all the brass and start a round after it's all  been fired through my gun.  That may be a while  ;D

I just keep my eye on the forums and bought 1K once fired LC brass for $100 +-.  My gun is currently shooting 3/4 to 1.25 MOA out to 400 and that brass.  We'll see if it shoots any better once I'm through all the brass and start a round after it's all  been fired through my gun.  That may be a while  ;D

Where?