• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Question about another ban situation.

85 Jimmy

I have a buddy that is on the fence about buying a stripped lower and building an AR. He is holding back because he doesn't want to have half of an AR built and then there be another ban and not be able to finish the gun.

During the AWB from 94-04 I was only 8-18 so I didn't really experience that one. Could you still buy everything but a lower to put a gun together? If there was another AWB in the future would you assume that you could buy the parts to build a gun, if you already had a stripped lower or 2?

The parts to build an AR were never banned by themselves. Even when the ban was activated many places we're given the option to simply register the rifles as assault weapons. No part of the upper assembly constitutes an assault weapon. The lower receiver is the key part. Even the individual parts that you add to a lower are not considered assault weapon parts.

That being said. If a ban did occur. I don't doubt that a mad dash, hurricane Katrina style, will grab every available part in the US.

NO, NO, and NO.

"If" another ban comes into effect, it won't be the same ban they had before with "military looking semi-auto assault weapons" being the target.

One need only look to the proposed "AW Ban Renewal" that was introduced in committee while Bush was still in office.  What was something like 28 weapons by name (and their copycats) was expanded into over 1,000!!!  Firearms like the Marlin 60 tube-fed .22 semi-auto and Ruger 10/22s, Remington 740/7400/750 semi-auto hunting rifles, anything that is common place!

It specifically named the whole firearm or receivers that could be made into such firearms.

AND additionally added onto this (which will probably serve as the guide for anything the U.N. adopts) was a clause which banned "Any rifle or shotgun in common use with the military or police forces."  Ssooo...Mossberg 500/590, Remington 870, departments in Texas still issue Winchester 94 lever-action rifles.

Your choices are to buy legally now and comply when they pass this stuff or become a criminal when they pass this stuff.

I can't find the text of this stuff now.  Who knows how to get info off a crashed hard drive?

Jon

NO, NO, and NO.

"If" another ban comes into effect, it won't be the same ban they had before with "military looking semi-auto assault weapons" being the target.

One need only look to the proposed "AW Ban Renewal" that was introduced in committee while Bush was still in office.  What was something like 28 weapons by name (and their copycats) was expanded into over 1,000!!!  Firearms like the Marlin 60 tube-fed .22 semi-auto and Ruger 10/22s, Remington 740/7400/750 semi-auto hunting rifles, anything that is common place!

It specifically named the whole firearm or receivers that could be made into such firearms.

AND additionally added onto this (which will probably serve as the guide for anything the U.N. adopts) was a clause which banned "Any rifle or shotgun in common use with the military or police forces."  Ssooo...Mossberg 500/590, Remington 870, departments in Texas still issue Winchester 94 lever-action rifles.

Your choices are to buy legally now and comply when they pass this stuff or become a criminal when they pass this stuff.

I can't find the text of this stuff now.  Who knows how to get info off a crashed hard drive?

Jon

What you are talking about looks more like a gun ban than an AWB

The smaller list would be what is not on that list.

Considering that AR's and such are selling faster than they can be made, I somehow doubt that will work according to their plans.

The same day as the mass shootings the gun ban crowd started pushing for repealing the 2nd, and gun sales doubled, which were already 3.5 million to 5 million per month.

Somehow I do not believe those people are buying them just so that they can turn them in.

if a ban happens, the weapons, parts, products will all go up in price, some will be impossible to get, but i would be surprised if same people who are our friends,neighbors, and fellow americans who are in the military and law enforcement will be going into our homes and taking the guns out of my safe. this is not to scare people into a frenzy... it seems to me that you should buy what you want now, because you might not get it in the future and have a better chance of keeping it if the fecal matter hits the electromagnetic wind-generating device