• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Installing JP Brake

SVI4ME

Unless you have access to a lathe or are prepared to pay someone with one to remove the correct amount of material from the back of the JP brake so that it times correctly, IMO you're better off with shimming the comp on the barrel than using a crush washer. I think you can buy the shim kits from Midway and Brownells. Then all you do is stack them until the brake is oriented as you's like. Some people choose to cant them slightly to counteract the opposite torque that is caused be the bullet applying pressure on the barrels rifling. If you go with the shims you can try it both vertically orientaed and canted to see which you prefer, and then I would use red locktite on it.

What Jgun said, shim kits or peel washers. Crush washers are a nightmare.

I just got a shim kit from Spikes yesterday....they come barrel /thread specific .....and the package gives you rotational values of the shims....kewl deal ...pkg has has a thick, a not so thick <laughs> and a bunch of very thin shims....clocking a comp/brake is an azz whooping...because by the time you get to this stage that means the gun's ready to go....and so are you <thumbsup>  Wash