• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What's Your Thouhts On The Colt LE-901-16S?

Model1911

I initially wanted one and thought it'd make a great multi-cal platform. Not to mention, you could SBR that receiver, and then go with an SBR'd 5.56, .300BLK, .308. Then you could also have a long range 5.56, .308, or .338Federal. All in one platform.

The reason I decided against it was that I didn't like the idea of the monolithic proprietary upper. I don't need rails all over the place, and would prefer to use my preferred handguards for the .308 upper.

Who knows, maybe if they make it available with spare upper receivers that are non-monolithic.

Well, I decided to pick one up; took it out to the range and using the Buis sight, only took 3 rounds of 150gr to hit bull at 100yds. Put a 4x14 on it along with a fastfire dot and had another range day. Shot at 50yds w/the dot & first shot was right next to the bull; one click and it was set. Used the 4x14 ballistic plex on 200 and 300yd silhoutte targets; with a 6mph crosswind  - fired 3 at each target. Results were similar; 1 bull & 2 in 9 ring, next to each other at 200 and 1 bull & 2 in 9 ring, at 300 also. Not bad for a 16.1bbl and shooting off a bench rest soft range bag. All I can say is, that it shoots great for me, and was the right choice. Will reload with some 168gr and give it another go. Yes, it has rails all around and it came with rail covers, sling/QD sling studs too. No hesitation, I recommed this fine shooting weapon; don't think anyone would be disappointed with it. I should also say that I had my hands on 3 other models, and to me, this one had the best build quality and wasn't the most expensive.

Thans for all the replies; if I get a chance in a day or tow, I'll get a few pics posted...

For Sdduc996 > I didn't got out specifically to buy a Colt, as I had a couple of other ones in mind, but once I saw how tight the tolerences were and how the Colt felt in hand, compared to the others ($300 & more), it was a no brainer... Hope I haven't made you choice too difficult & good luck with your future choice...