• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR-10 lower info

Hello fellow large black rifle brethern- I recently picked up a 308 lower, a LPK, and carbine stock in a trade with my brother.  I was pretty psyched until I opened the box and saw that the lower is Armalite and the LPK and carbine stock is DPMS (I have nothing against DPMS since I own a 308 Mk12 but  that's another story).  I know enough to think holy poop these parts won't all work - I tried fitting the take down pins and they are too large for the AR10.  Thus, my post.

What is the consensus about just getting a LPK from Armalite and holding onto the DPMS one for a rainy day?  Also, should I go with a standard single stage or spend the extra and go with a tactical 2 stage as Armalite calls it (I don't think I'm going down the Geissele road here).

Also, what is the deal with mags?  I know that some AR10 used proprietary mags while some others will take the P-Mags and the like.  How do I find out what fits in mine?

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm not in any hurry but I do want to know what is what so that I can pick up parts as I can afford them.

Thanks in advance for your advise and opinion...

Well that's an easy question str8. Get an Armalit LPK, and then you have to build a DPMS rifle....to use up the spare parts that you have. grin

And I'd go with the tac 2 stage. I've got them on all of mine. Of course it's a matter of preference. But I just like the creep you have of the first stage, then the snap of the 2nd stage. Very comfortable...to me at least. For what it's worth.

2 types of Armalite Rifles. A and B. The type A uses the Pmags, where as the B uses the Armalite mags.

I actually just received to Armalite lpk's in the mail for two ar15 builds going on. In my personal experience they have the best springs and some parts are a bit stouter than on some other kit I've seen.

More specific to you, buy the Amalite lpk, with their NM match trigger, minus the trigger, or/and grip if you have one you prefer,or order an ALG defense trigger to go in there. Here is a link through the Battle Arms web site…. hint hint for my preference on safeties!… but they are made in the same place as geisselle triggers in a facility they started for his wife. Geisselle quality, low price! I will be buying one for my wifes ar15 build, yes I have shot one, and while they aren't quite the same, they are far better than any other aftermarket entry trigger I have used.

You may have to call Armalite to find out about your lower, but I don't think the Pmag lowers are out there yet aside from complete lowers, and my advice is save the lpk for your mk12 as back up parts!

http://shop.battlearmsdevelopment.com/main.sc