• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

POF P308 lower build help

kerstingm

I am in the process of building a POF P308 AR and I just ran into a small problem. I just received my Tangodown BG17 pistol grip and found that my lower is too wide to fit the grip by about .017, i knowPOF used to use these but switched to Magpul grips. Either way both grips have the same specs listed. They say fit all AR15/16 and AR10 rifles. Could something be wrong with my grip or do i need to doa little sanding on the grip to fit my lower? Any help you can give mewould be very appreciated.

Thanks for looking

Yep...I would lube it up first with some oil and see if that doesnt do the job....but i dont think ive ever had a grip being too tight...no worries no biggie...you can sand the inside of the grip if the lube trick doesnt work

heres a tip that prevents heartburn....dont read too much in measurements of this or that part that you read....just put it together <laughs>  Wash

Beat that thing in place with a rubber mallet, don't squash the selector spring, or takedown spring (if it's from the bottom), and don't look back.  That's a really unimportant tolerance to worry about, and the grip will never feel loose.  Much better than being the opposite, and relying on the grip screw to keep it tight.  <thumbsup>