• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What's up with Fulton Armory

Powerman

So I am finally figuring out the shortage has been around long before I jumped in. things have been out in .308 for a while. Everyone now seems to be concerned with rifles and parts are no where to be found. Parts on GB... forget about it.. 3x normal price.

FA had their site closed a couple of times now to catch up. Their phone is off, and they won't return e-mails. I get it, they are slammed.

So how were they before this? I mean their site still has stuff available... but is it actually available? I have an order for a upper and barrel... but my guess is it isn't actually available and it will be months if not a year before I see it, if ever.

Any info on the subject? I mean it sounds like DPMS has always taken forever and never on time... maybe RRA too, some folks always point to FA as the place to go to, but I don't know.

Well that's cool. I ordered a barrel and the option is threads, or no threads. I can wait if it takes awhile.

Seems, DPMS, RRA, and Armalite is no real option. Put in a order with no real hopes of ever seeing it. GB may be expensive... but waiting 6 moths and then paying for what is left will be even more. Just trying to hedge my bets.

So how were they before this?

In most of 2010, you could call the shop and ask to speak to Clint.  After a few minutes, he'd get on the phone with you, and give you info and answers on most anything you wanted to know, or wonder about.  If he was extemely busy building uppers or rifles, he'd get on the phone, and tell you that. 

Right now, and in the foreseeable future, those days are gone... 

And that's it too... I'm really not complaining. Everyone is slammed and they are doing the best they can. FA is spoke of highly and I know that does not come free. You guys that have been around a while sort of know a little bit better how it is, but a newbie such as me has nothing to go by. Thanks for all the input.

I have my shipping notices of everything else, so I will just wait for FA and be happy I did I'm sure. Time to put the crack down. ;D

In case anyone is following this... FA site has changed. They had their "side cock" bolt carriers and uppers in stock just two days ago... but now they are no longer there. The stuff still on still says "in stock". My order status has changed from "received" to "printed", what ever that means. But it does mean things are updating and stuff is moving. While it might take a while to get an order, it at least appears what they say is in stock is in stock... that includes, uppers, bolt carriers, and stripped lowers. They still show rifles and complete uppers too so there is that.... I'm talking about .308

I think this whole mess is like watching a worm move. We've seen the retail end dry up...but in the middle...the wholesalers...they are trying to evaluate if the demand is going to calm down. Because they have to deal with the guys back towards the other end...the manufacturers and all thier suppliers, clear back to the raw materials they produce with, where the worm hasn't moved.

Then there is the other angle....greed.

This is NOT a dig a F.A.  but at the industry in general

I talked today with a guy who works for a major, major big time ammo supplier who sells quality reloads all over the west at gun shows. They KNOW the people who they buy components from...like primers, powder, bullets, etc. There are 20 plus year relationships here, there ain't many secrets.

They know that those people are sitting on stock and won't cut loose, for any price.

They are waiting for the chance to make max. $$.

IF this settles down, I don't think it will return to what we called normal for many years, if ever. There are some huge $$$ being made right now, and as long as there are people in a panic mode that $$$ is going to be there...

I am a big believer in supply and demand, but panic is the one element that screws the system up. And we are up to our ears in panic, unlike anything I've seen in m 54 years.

Ya... and you are describing me... I have always wanted a .308... but it was just so far down the list it really didn't matter... well it got moved to the top and here I am. I'm not willing to pay any price, but yes I want one..... as far as the election... meh. But Sandy Hook... that changed things.

I have been watching stuff on Gun Broker. DPMS plain BGC without pin $700. Buy it now price was $450. Lowers going for $800. A DPMS bolt... just the bolt.. $305. DPMS LPK... $175. Crazy!

WOO HOO....

Upper and barrel shipped today!!! That means my chrome stripped carrier will be in a couple more weeks. The site is down again, but when it is up, what they show is what they HAVE, and it will get shipped out. The only thing I need now is a scope and ammo. <thumbsup>