• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Mega Arms is taking a longer view

Mega Arms just put out a statement to their customers explaining why they’ve chosen to take a step back from investing in a new facility. The current atmosphere is making a lot of companies rethink their capitol investment plans. Let’s hope our politicians realize the firearms industry is a job creator and uncertainty in the short run will have an effect on manufacturing growth in their Congressional districts.

We here at MEGA understand everyone’s frustration with the high demand and low supply of our products. Please let us explain what is causing the current situation.

We are currently running 24/7 at our facility. Unfortunately we do not have any more floor space within the facility we occupy, so it’s not as easy as buying machines and “hitting go”.

In the few weeks before the recent tragedy we were just weeks away from acquiring a new facility and more machinery. This would be a financial commitment that would take years to recoup. The machines we use range in cost from $400k to $1m dollars; not including tooling, operators and training

We have determined that due to the attitude of the current administration, it would not be fiscally responsible or in the best interests of our valued employees to take the risk of adding a new facility. We value our employees and do not want open a new facility, and hire a new crew to then turn around and lay them off if there is new legislation passed.

We hope that all of our customers and fans understand. We will continue to do our best to get parts out to you guys.

We also encourage anyone who comes across one of our “authorized dealers” (on our website) price gouging to contact us via email at sales@megaarms.com.

Thanks for your support!

Mega Arms

I support their decision 100%.  It's easy understandable, too.

I said that as a comment to someone else, in another thread - it was about Pmags.  With everyone out of Pmags right now (stocking dealers and sellers, retailers, etc), you have to look at it from MapPul's perspective...  Should they ramp up operations and build/mold millions and millions of Pmags, when this administration has proven that it will enact poop overnight?  Who's stuck with the "illegal mags," then?  MagPul would be, and they'd be out alot of money almost immediately.

I get it.  I don't like it, but I get it. 

I hope everyone else can put themselves in the shoes of the manufacturers, and understand the circumstances. 

I wish we were getting more feedback from LE agencies letting everyone know they wouldn't enforce such laws. I normally wouldn't say this, but it's high time for a rebellion. I'm not going to stand for differences of opinion being legislated onto me, especially when it's in violation of the Constitution.