• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SCOPE & IRONS

glindy

New to site and just picked up lar8 a4 20" and want to put buis on it in addition to a ~6x24 scope. Have flip sights installed on flat top,but they are 1 3/4 high,which makes it impossible to mount scope over them. Located 45 degree mount adapter, but since the gas block is lower than the rail, don't think iron sights can be moved to side. I had no issue firing M16 with gas mask on at an angle,would it be an issue to have full size scope mounted on a 45 off of receiver? Any suggestions appreciated.

It sounds like you're talking about the flip-up gasblock front sight on some of the RRA models.

Any flip-up sights are backups (BUIS/Back-Up Iron Sights or MBUS).  If you have your scope mounted on a quick detachable mount/rings, why worry about it?  If you want to go the 45* mounting route for backup sights, then don't worry about the front gasblock flip-up...just keep using it as a gasblock.

Or start shopping for low profile gasblocks.  >:D

Jon

If you are running an MBUS front sight attached to your gas block, beware that it could melt it if you run to many rounds through it to quickly. I did it before I installed my free float.

How fast were you shooting, and how many rounds???

My 300Blk and my .308 both have a MBUS sight on their PRI gas blocks.... Neither show any signs of melting.

I guess my 300Blk doesn't count, because its not a "real" gas block.

f935a5b4.jpg

My .308 sights are still running solid... But the carbon fiber barrel might be helping.

94BFE274-F48C-44A2-8B0A-9CD3E219B2B4-3585-0000085F740087A3.jpg