• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Dang It's Dead!

planeflyer21

I had a feeling something like this would happen - there's too much of a disconnect in the 2A community, and not enough planning.  "Jump through your ass" last minute stuff, on a whim.

Something needs to be planned, announced, and advertised in order to have any kind of a turnout.  Otherwise, it's a damn waste of time.

Hate to sound like an ass, but it's true.  "Let's meet here, tomorrow," just doesn't fucking work.

The 8 Feb meeting date that's been announced - that's a damn Friday.  How many 2A supporters work on Fridays?...  What kind of turnout can you possibly expect?...  That's the kind of poop I'm talking about.

Collectively, we need to get our poop together.

We have to stop using those excuses.

While January 19th was a couple of weeks notice, February 8th was a month...plenty of time to plan and ask for work off.  I've never worked for other people that were so lame that wouldn't let me have a day off with two-weeks notice, let alone a month.  If the work is so imperative that it must get done at all costs, then the employer will let you make up that time over a couple of days.

Been there, done that.

Unless it is all just fluffed feathers and squawking, let's all squawk some more as we take our arms down to register them, then squawk some more when the order comes to turn them in, then point wing feathers when they get melted down.

People will take off because their kid has a runny nose.

I would think they would take off to prevent their naked child from being executed, body to be bulldozed into a ditch with hundreds of others.

But maybe I expect too much of others.

Jon

My point was:  It's a damn workday.  How fucking stupid, to schedule something as important at this, on a workday.

Make the damn thing on a Sunday.  Very, very few people work on a Sunday.  By doing that, you're giving yourself the potential to have just THAT many more people show up.

There's some dumbasses announcing this stuff - 'cause they're certainly not "planning" it.