• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Took my 308AR Hunting on the last day of the season

BLKSHEEP

But there was a problem, I grabbed the mag with 150FMJ :cookoo: so I decided it would have to be a head shot. I saw one coming in (doe) got a good brace, adjusted the Weaver up to 15x and saw that he had 2, 1" spikes(cant shoot spikes) so he fed around my stand almost an hour before a fox trots up. They size each other up then the spike hauls azz <laughs> When I got down from the stand I stalked over the next ridge to find the same spike chasing 3 does around but no good head shots.

? Will a FMJ expand any passing through a deer?

post-1491-136297288042_thumb.jpg

post-1491-136297288049_thumb.jpg

post-1491-136297288058_thumb.jpg

post-1491-136297288063_thumb.jpg

That 147 should expand in a deer, man.  What are the hunting regs concerning busting that fox in the ass?  ;D <dontknow> <laughs>

I figured it would pencil hole him and id be tracking all day. Not sure on the regs for Fox, they are rarely seen in my area so they get a pass from me. <thumbsup>

I was thinking from a predatory standpoint, and him messing up your hunt.  In alot of states, if you're out on a hunt, and another predator shows up, it's game-on for that predator.  You don't have to track a predator shot.  <thumbsup>

I love hunting with my LR308 it is a gun that makes the most sense to carry no wood to swell up and crack , impervious to the weather and with all the sling options it is easy to carry and I took a elk with mine this year and a wolf or two is in the works .... AR's are the next generation of hunting guns. I use Barnes Vor-TX bullets 150.. they always work good.

I love hunting with my LR308 it is a gun that makes the most sense to carry no wood to swell up and crack , impervious to the weather and with all the sling options it is easy to carry and I took a elk with mine this year and a wolf or two is in the works .... AR's are the next generation of hunting guns. I use Barnes Vor-TX bullets 150.. they always work good.

Mine is a good "stand" gun but I wouldn't use it to stalk or hunt ruff country, it's probably pushing 20 lbs! :o thanks for the ammo tip <thumbsup>

I was thinking from a predatory standpoint, and him messing up your hunt.  In alot of states, if you're out on a hunt, and another predator shows up, it's game-on for that predator.  You don't have to track a predator shot.  <thumbsup>

I've never heard of that, here in LA it's pretty much open season,closed season or trapping only.