• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

good deal on .308 in your neighborhood

MaDuce

I stopped by Sports Authority yesterday and saw .308 ammo listed for $10.99. They were out but the guy there said I missed it by only an hour and he was expecting more in a week or so.

I couldn't figure out what brand, but the label perfectly matched the labels found only on other calibers of RWS brand ammo, so my guess is that's what it is.

So if there's a sports authority in your area, you may want to check their ammo section. You just might get lucky.

BTW, like some major retailers, they seamed to have not notably adjusted their ammo prices after Sandy Hook. And at least where I am, they don't seam to be getting allot of traffic in their gun section either.

I stopped by Sports Authority yesterday and saw .308 ammo listed for $10.99. They were out but the guy there said I missed it by only an hour and he was expecting more in a week or so.

I couldn't figure out what brand, but the label perfectly matched the labels found only on other calibers of RWS brand ammo, so my guess is that's what it is.

So if there's a sports authority in your area, you may want to check their ammo section. You just might get lucky.

BTW, like some major retailers, they seamed to have not notably adjusted their ammo prices after Sandy Hook. And at least where I am, they don't seam to be getting allot of traffic in their gun section either.

I've noticed that the "big box" stores get looked over. I do refrigeration service for Walmart, everytime I'm in store I walk thru sporting goods to see what they have. 3 weeks ago I found 420 rounds of federal 556 on strippers clips and I've been getting 22 there to. Most every store carries 30-30, 30-06 22-250 and 7.62x39 with a decent stock