• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Retired Police Officer/SWAT Sniper

SWATSniper

I found this form while researching my new LR308 I'm currently building. I am a 39 year old retired/disabled (18 &1/2 year veteran) officer. I was sent through several USMC sniper schools from SWAT, prior to 911 when they still accepted civilian law enforcement swat snipers in their schools. I always carried a Remington 700 with a Leupold 4.5-14x50 scope and an M4 with a fixed 4 power scope (ACOG) as a back up rifle. At one point I was issued a scoped HK91, early 90s. Another time I was issued an M14 as a secondary to my bolt. I was qualified with all. It was only during my last year I was issued an SR25. I loved the rifle and was as accurate with it as my beloved "bolt" gun.

I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in April of 09 and due to complications from it I was retired/disabled in September 09.

I live in western NC and am a 17 year married father of 3 daughters, 15, 7 & 9 months old.

I am building the LR308 because it is the best quality/cost effective rifle I have found to compare with the SR25 I was issued without spending the money KAC wants for one. The DPMS rifle, so far, has a 24" non fluted, target crowned, free floated bull barrel, A3 type upper with a shell deflector and forward assist. A standard A2 stock, DPMS free floated rail, a nice scope and a Timney trigger is due Tuesday. I'm using only Mag-Pul 20 round "P-Mags" at this time and dont plan on changing.

I joined this fourm for the benefit of information and opinions of fellow shooting enthusiast of this weapons platform.

post-303-136297264098_thumb.jpg

I'm disabled myself and I know what it's like when the Doc says sorry no more work for you. The trigger is a must and the next thing will be an adjustable stock, right after the stock will be a really good scope (can't hit what you can't see), then you can start shooting groups and see if the barrel is very good and what ammo it likes. Keep us posted and good luck. God Bless you and your family, and thank you for your many years of service.