• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Armalite AR-10 in .338 Federal

ArmaLite, Inc. is pleased to announce that a small batch of its AR-10  chambered in .338 Federal is ready for this year’s hunting season. The first run  of our .338 in two years comes after repeated customer requests. This finely  crafted firearm is BOTH powerful and match accurate. The ArmaLite .338 is  capable of taking any North American big game, including moose and bear.

The AR-10 in .338 features a match grade stainless steel barrel and a finely  tuned National Match two stage trigger. The rugged one piece aluminum handguard  allows custom mounting of bi-pods, sights and optional MIL-std 1913 rails. Go to  Armalite.com for further details and specifications.

post-1-136297264114_thumb.jpg

i saw this.is the 338 federal different from the 338 winchester ?wonder what is like compared to the 338 ultra mag and the 338 lapua.is it a lighter weight round kind of like the 308 winchester compared to the marlin / hornady 308.they now have a marlin 338 express.they say its the same ballistics as the 30-06.

• 2 weeks later...

And exactly why would you want to go to the 338 Fed. . I see the comparison is done with a 154 gr. bullet in the 308 & the 338 is done with a 194 gr. bullet .

No wounder it comes up with more muzzle energy or am I reading this comparison thing all wrong .

I'm a reloader & the 33 cal bullet in a case with about the same cap. as a .308 , doesn't lift my skirt much. Just talking out loud. Enlighten me .