• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greetings from Alaska

ryantowry_81

Hello my name is Ryan and I am a gunoholic....... Oh not that kind of forum........ Haha

Any ways I just stumbled on to this sight after buying my first black rifle a bushmaster ORC while I was in search for a new light black bear and caribou rifle. I also have a polytech M-14 which is what fired my passion for the semi auto 30 cals. No special experience with firearms bit I love to go out and shoot holes in almost anything I can legally be it targets or animals. Hoping to learn and contribute while modifying my new toy......

P.S. Thanks mods for the great sight and all the easy to search info! Kudo's

I love Alaska, man.  Did a Winter Warfare exercise up there in the beginning of '96 - Jan through March.  Went back to get some summertime daylight action in June of 2005.  It freaked me out to be sitting outside, thinking it's about 8pm, and find out it's 1:30 in the damn morning...  :o  Just crack open another one and drive through it...  <dontknow> <laughs>

I love Alaska, man.  Did a Winter Warfare exercise up there in the beginning of '96 - Jan through March.  Went back to get some summertime daylight action in June of 2005.  It freaked me out to be sitting outside, thinking it's about 8pm, and find out it's 1:30 in the damn morning...  :o  Just crack open another one and drive through it...  <dontknow> <laughs>

What base were you on? I had to acclimate to the light swings when I first came up but I tell you it is sweet to go wheeling and shooting and having 22 hours of light to play with. I get slot done in the summer but not so much in the winter when it is -30 outside...

thats cool i have spent time on both doing work. not what you are thinking, i am a powerplant engineer. i helped design the new improved greely backup generators right next to the old nuke (i tell you it is kind of un nerving to have the job shack placed right next to a nuklear containments site you get to stare at for a couple months.....). we also did some boiler work on rich. it is beautiful up near delta in the summer but the winters are way too harsh for me...

we live in palmer just north of fort rich out of the "city" if you can call anchorage that.... funny how i think anchorage is a giant city huh? conditioning i guess...