• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MOA or MRAD for my reticle?

MOST important piece of advice is to get yourself an optic with matching reticle and turrets.  Meaning, if you have a MRAD reticle, your turrets should be mil/mil.

I'm a mil/mil kind a guy.

I like the metric side of the house because I can do a lot of the calcs in my head easier.  I'm not so good with the Mil-dot.

My advise is to do a little research on how to actually shoot and range with both types and use the system your most comfortable with.  There are some programs light Long Range Shooter for your computer out there where you can actually simulate shooting with different calibers at different ranges and in variable winds.  This is where I first learned the mil system and haven't looked back since.

Edited by subwofer2

The Mil-Dot master is a nice tool to have. I have been around Mil-Dot scopes so long that I stick with what I know and most people know the math object size times 27.77 devided by size object in mills measured via scope. On FFP whatever power you have it on , SFP on 10 power usually