• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hand Guard Measurement

moopey

I'd like to purchase a Troy Industries Battlerail model number STRX-E3A-13BT-01.

Before ordering I'd like to measure my barrel to ensure I get the correct length rail. My question is where do I measure from? The lip on the barrel that buts to the upper or do I measure at the base of the threads on the upper?

I have a Fulton Armory 16" barrel with rifle length gas system. Ideally I'd like the hand guard to cover the gas block.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-forend-parts/forends-handguards/ar-15-m16-ar-style-308-trx-battlerail-handguards-prod53944.aspx

I have the 13.8" version of the TRX and it definitely covers the gas block.  I have a 20" barrel with the rifle length gas system.

Awesome news. How do you like the hand guard? I keep tossing back and forth between the TRX and the version with the permanent rails. But I don't really need all those rails and want to keep weight down.

I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel until I realized I still need to spend another $450ish just for the hand guard and muzzle break. Bah this hobby is so expensive! haha

<lmao>  I sure hope that you're not just now figuring that out <lmao>

Besides....once you play with that one enough......you'll want to build another......and then yet another one that's different from the other two........and then a SASS type...and then there's optics that you'll wanna put on every single one of them. I mean........it's just glass right? It can't cost that much. <lmao>

Next thing you know...............................job is gone........old lady is gone..........kids won't talk to you.........become that strange relative to the rest of your family...........you end up working at some racetrack / bar / performance shop / strip club with some odd (but nice) guy named Tom in Ari-Fing-zona of all places that has some mean-assed lookin cat that just keeps staring at you.....looking like it's always pissed off at you.

WHEW!    .........................................too much?

^^^^^^ s h i t brother that's not a bad way to go.You got me thinkin.....Mida will hang..she won't be happy :rant2: dog will hang someones got to keep the cat honest......racetrack,bar,performance shop [i can fab up anything needed],stripclub [i was a enforcer],strange dudes they are all my bros.If you ain't twisted I don't want to know ya anyway.Fuk yea sign me up. <thumbsup>

Awesome news. How do you like the hand guard? I keep tossing back and forth between the TRX and the version with the permanent rails. But I don't really need all those rails and want to keep weight down.

The 13.8 just covers the gas block.  I like it although the openings in the handguards are a bit sharp.  I put the squid grips on mine to provide some extra grip and cover the sharp openings where my hand would be.

To be honest, this thing is heavy.  I doubt I would be running and gunning with this.  Keeping the weight down is ideal.

Next thing you know...............................job is gone........old lady is gone..........kids won't talk to you.........become that strange relative to the rest of your family...........you end up working at some racetrack / bar / performance shop / strip club with some odd (but nice) guy named Tom in Ari-Fing-zona of all places that has some mean-assed lookin cat that just keeps staring at you.....looking like it's always pissed off at you.

WHEW!    .........................................too much?

Now I know what to look forward to.  I started over a year ago.  I've been acquiring something new every so often.  Wife is angry with me for spending all the time working on them.  Good thing she does not know how much I'm spending.