• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ACOG TA01NSN on a .308?

I just purchased the Bushmaster ORC .308 to replace my 5.56 SPR rifle for medium distance shooting.  I have an ACOG TA01NSN 4x optic on the 5.56 rifle.  The TA01NSN has BDC numbers on the reticle calibrated for 5.56/.223, how does this translate to the .308 on my new rifle?  Will it end up being a major hassle to run this optic on the new rifle? 

I may end up selling the ACOG to fund a more conventional multi power optic for the .308 rifle.  I was thinking something like the Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56.  My budget with a mount would max out at $900 or so.  Most of my optics are eotechs, I don't have much experience with bigger glass on guns, but from my DSLR cameras I know you pay for quality.

• 5 months later...

I know this posting is old, but you should be able to send your TA01NSN to Trijicon and have the 5.56 (TA01) reticle changed for the 7.62 (TA01B) reticle.

I have a TA01B and love it.  The only difference is the BUIS on the scope itself.  Other than that, it's exactly the same.

Sofar I haven't changed anything.  It's good to know that Trijicon can change the reticle.  The 5.56 reticle doesn't seem to effect POI within 150 yards, the furthest I've shot this rifle to date.  I'm still thinking I would like glass with more reach, but due to other interests (new camera lenses) I haven't spent the money.

Getting OT here: What I spent recently on the new Canon 60D, 70-200L f/4 IS, 1.4 teleconverter, and Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 would've bought me a pretty sweet rifle/optic package.  The woman and I went on a trip to Costa Rica that was probably a once in a decade type of thing so I upgraded most of my gear.