• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Best AR308 Assembly Tutorial?

ducky

Anyone know of a good tutorial for assembling a AR308 if precision is the name of the game. I saw some youtube videos where people were using lock tight epoxy between the barrel and receiver. Plus on the barrel nut threads which to me seems like a bad idea. Only way to loosen that stuff up after the fact is applying heat

Is it best to just apply lithium grease and tighten the barrel nut down to torque levels recommended?

Unlike an AK there is not a lot of play between an ARs parts so I am not sure putting epoxy places is going to make much of a difference. I assume that the AR parts I am working with are to high tolerance and will fit together correctly. Of course that includes BCG to barrel but will headspace to ensure they are correct.

I am assuming like their little brothers AR308s go together the same way?

thanks in advance for your responses...Duck

Hi Ducky best tutorial is right here on this great forum. but you know that...so get a great barrel...then when putting together use i use moly,but the white lith is fine....use a torque wrench with your barrel nut wrench when putting the barrel on. some say to square up the lower but i dont buy into that....i would prolly screw it up lol Wash

Handguards? Get a free float tube. :)

Ducky   I like the apex freefloat from rainer...looks great its lightweight and locks up great to the upper....im partial to the rifle length which is bout 12 inches or so I forgot...lol.... whatevers the one that.covers up the gas block....used to be a trx guy but this one is super :))   Wash

Ducky   I like the apex freefloat from rainer...looks great its lightweight and locks up great to the upper....im partial to the rifle length which is bout 12 inches or so I forgot...lol.... whatevers the one that.covers up the gas block....used to be a trx guy but this one is super :))   Wash

I agree with wash on this apex rocks <thumbsup>

post-12828-0-15572700-1379715425_thumb.j