• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Here's my latest...

Powerman

I got a slightly used H&K P2000 sk in 40S&W for a good price. DA/SA w/ night sights. Got it for carry since I'm not sure which pocket 9 to go with and it's Winter pretty much. Already smoothed the trigger and put in a lighter main spring. Dropped in the USP extended mag release too which is a TON better. The only fault I found was I could not believe they put such a small release on from the factory. With the extended, the paddle doesn't even phase me. Took it to the range and after 250 rounds I would have shot more if I had it. 40 is not a problem at all in this gun. Extended grip and full size mag is perfect.

Oh, and I know there are other well made guns out there, but as a lefty, I'm sold on H&K. How nice it is operating the gun as it should be.

I am new to hammers, but I am a total convert. All I know is tuned strikers... but for carry and home... DA/SA is perfect. The break in SA is near glass. I am so in love with this gun, I am selling my XD45 to get a HK45. :))

DSCN0362_zpsb59c18dc.jpg

DSCN0357_zps37e15ba0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I have been busy. My pistols needed some work. I took my triggers apart and stoned and polished them up. Made a big difference. Like butter now. I put on 10# Wollf hammer springs to reduce DA pull. Having the same set up as most, it should be 10# DA and 4# SA. Put the oversized mag release on my P2k... ti should be that way from the factory. It's the USP mag release. The factory P2k sk release is stupid small. $25 buck and 3 minutes is all it took to correct.

I converted my HK45 to V4... deckocker only right side. I also removed the "trench" on the trigger guard. It does not bother everyone, but it does bother me, so now it is gone. I also added Trijicon HDs to my 45. I have Mepros on the P2K, but now I want some on that one too. :)

However, my P2K sk had a really long reset that I was not happy about. A common complaint. My HK45 was a whole other story... the trigger pretty much sucked. The reset was great. Very short. Best reset on any HK. But the reset itself was very gritty and non positive, and there was a TON of creep. So I sent them off to Bill Springfield... which is local to me... and now... WOW!

My P2k has a ~1/8" reset. Much shorter, nothing at all to complain about now. And the HK45... well it has to be the best trigger I have ever had. ZERO creep. Super crisp clean break. The over travel screw was put in both so that is non existent. The reset on the 45 was cut in half too... it's ridiculous... like 1/16". It is also crisp, sharp and positive. Better than the P2k. If loving a gun is wrong, I don't want to be right. :)

Now all I have to do is get to the range and see how I like the improvements. Nothing left to do but shoot. They are really sweet.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, not a lot of range time lately. I went once, but was more interested in finally finding the source of my failures on my .308.

I have had two trips now with the new triggers. What a difference. I'm not going to claim some super special pixie dust magic... but they function and operate great. Exactly as they should. Best triggers I have had... especially for a "duty" weapon. Just very clean, I'm really happy. Any complaints of reset travel are over. both are more than reasonable. The HK45 could not be any shorter.

My only complaint is with the new sights. Both days it was late in the day and the Sun was setting in from of my. I could not even tell how awesome my bright orange dot was... I could barely see my sights. :) 

Way to go powerman! I just got an hkusp9compact...put meprolight night sights on it,but fubared the rear,so ive got another coming...using the standard rear for now...put the reduced hammer spring in it,but tell me how hard is the extended mag drop to put in? The HK runs awesome...just cant get used to the dead on hold where you cover up the target...instead of the 6 oclock hold....getting used to that

congrats on a fine piece

:) Wash

The "extended" mag release is a standard USP release. It's just that the stock release on the P2000 sk is ridiculously small. The only one with it. It should have the USP release from the factory in it. It's a direct swap... literally 3 minutes of your time. Super easy... but you already have that. 

The dead on hold does take some getting used to doesn't it? I cant really say I'm a  fan. But nothing I can't get used to. Realistically, at SD ranges, it is not going to make that big of a difference. Put the dot on center mass and you're good. But at the range, it is a little weird, because you can't see the point you are trying to shoot. A little odd. 

Lots of options for you if you like to tinker. Lots of match parts available and a couple different spring combos. Do a fluff and buff and you USP will be smooth as silk.