• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Iron Sights for M&P10

Jonas

I'm thinking about keeping my still unfired M&P10 totally bone stock, except for the addition of iron sights. I'm probably going to end up going with the Magpul MBUS Pro folding set, but open to suggestions. I understand the steel is better for gas block mounting, vs. the polymers? I've got the polymer rear on a Colt AR15, and it seems just fine as far as functionality. 

Most folks seem pretty pleased with their MBUS sights, but Troy seems to be popular too, though the price seems to be the primary complaint! 

Guessing there are M&P10 owners here, and curious to hear about your selections and experiences.

I personally don't like how the ears of the MBUS front sight curve inward.

Good to know. I'd really like to see these before buying if possible. I should contact MadDog Tactical and see if they've got these. I know they carry a lot of Magpul stuff. Have you ever been there? I see we're in the same backyard!

Good to know. I'd really like to see these before buying if possible. I should contact MadDog Tactical and see if they've got these. I know they carry a lot of Magpul stuff. Have you ever been there? I see we're in the same backyard!

MadDog Tactical? Can't say I've heard of them, or did you mean Metal Dog Tactical (haven't been there either haha)? If you're close, you're welcome to check out my MBUS set. I'm around the East Bay and sometimes San Jose on the weekends.

The Diamondhead BUIS intrigue me, but I'm not willing to drop the coin on them. The geometry in their case makes sense for the ears to curve in on top.

Edited by FaRKle!

BUH!  :wacko:  Yep! Metal Dog, not Mad Dog. Thanks. I'll go there once I can get the name right....yeah, supposedly they are the Bay Area AR place. 

Thanks for the offer to check out your sights! I'll see if I can't find my way to Mad Dog and have a look at their wares. If they don't have them, I might take you up on that offer. 

• 1 month later...

the metal buis should be fine, but the polymer ones aren't supposed to go on a gas block mount if that is the setup you are running.

That's fiction.

I have polymer MBUS on the gas block of my 308. Put lots of rounds through it and there's still no signs of damage.

I'm tempted to put one on my piston gas block and see if that gets any hotter.

Even though Magpul advised against doing it, I did it. The new polymer is not the plastic they made our GI Joes out of. The heat rating is much higher than perceived.

• 3 weeks later...