• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Questions for my build

Cali_Ed

a red dot alone is easily good to 50, with a magnifier, 100 yards isn't bad.

Get good QD mounts if you're going that way, at least for the scope. On the red dots, you're a little more "stuck" with whats on the red dot unless you get into the high dollar stuff. There are a bunch of different worthwhile QD mounts, my preference is the Warne Optima series, as they work well, return to 0 perfectly, and can be had in the $50-$75 range.

Thanks for the info easy, i see some people use an adjust gas block, mind schooling me on that

its not necessary, but can cut recoil some and also keep the BCG a little cleaner by cutting down on the amount of gas that gets recycled back via the gas block/tube. The downside is that depending on the gas block and handguard you choose, you may or may not be able to reach the adjusting screw without drilling the handguard.

the other slight downside is that if you tune it to just barely work with one specific ammo, you might get failure to ejects with a different ammo. but its not a big deal, unless you are shooting wildly different ammo its probably ok.

I ment on a dpms pattern rifle i know noveske and armalite styles are compatible.

As for the upper i kinda wanna wait for tm to bring bak their uppers so i can have a matched set with what I'm hopping optimal fit

Will i benifit from the x heave buffer from slash and a muzzle break to cut felt recoil down. ( will i had to have it pinned since I'm in cali?)

Edited by Cali_Ed

• 2 weeks later...

I ment on a dpms pattern rifle i know noveske and armalite styles are compatible.

As for the upper i kinda wanna wait for tm to bring bak their uppers so i can have a matched set with what I'm hopping optimal fit

Will i benifit from the x heave buffer from slash and a muzzle break to cut felt recoil down. ( will i had to have it pinned since I'm in cali?)

I was also waiting for a TM upper but decided to just put a dpms upper on as midway had them in stock for $189. Anyway The fit is actually very impressive. Alot tighter than I was expecting.  I suppose you take your chances with different manufacturing runs but all in all the two companies are dam close with their tolerances.  Just my recent experience.