• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

So installed my trigger now bolt catch has no tension

Cali_Ed

So i finish putting my trigger and the bolt catch just jiggles around and has no tension. How do i get the pin out so i can remove the detent? I dry fired it but with my finger on the hammer never touched metal so I'm wondering what happend an. How to remove the pin out of my tm lower?

So i finish putting my trigger and the bolt catch just jiggles around and has no tension. How do i get the pin out so i can remove the detent? I dry fired it but with my finger on the hammer never touched metal so I'm wondering what happend an. How to remove the pin out of my tm lower?

If you didn't do it, then someone did do it when you weren't looking...

It was dry fired, and the hammer hit the bolt catch - and broke the pin/screw, whichever...

Your lower has the screw, right, and not a roll pin (in that area/part)?

Sometimes, if you tighten that screw too much, it'll break at first use or first push.

Some DPMS screws disintegrate upon installation...  <dontknow>

Edited by 98Z5V

A good Magnet , invert the lower so the pin can drop out to the magnet( might take some finagling ) Unless the separate catch pin is jammed into the far end of the hole .

Sounds like theres some thing not right with the Bolt catch spring . The spring & detent hold the catch in a rest position ( out of the way of the cycling BCG ) until the magazine follower push's it up on last round to hold the BCG locked back .

Photo's would be nice .

Edited by survivalshop

You didn't, by chance, use the disconnector spring in there by accident?  They're very similar, but the disco spring has one flared coil at the end of it, to keep it wedged in the bottom of the trigger.  A disco spring, inserted with that flared coil outboard, then the detent inserted into that flared coil - would wedge itself down in the hole...  Thus, compressed, stuck spring in there providing no spring pressure.

Yep, disregard.  G triggers have their own parts already...

How'd you put this all together?  Not a complete lower parts kit?  Stripped down lower parts kit, minus trigger, then the G trigger?  Or, all small parts for a LPK ordered separately.  Even if you don't have a disco spring somewhere, you might have been sent one by accident, instead of the correct spring...  Just thinking out loud here, trying to figure out what's going on.  From what that vid shows, it's the only logical solution to what's going on here...

lowerKit.gif

Been banging away at my lower and the pin wont come out :(

Update :

So i pushed the bolt catch pin like if u was trying to engage it and held it in then banged it and now it works? I'm not sure if i should leave it alone or continue to bang at it to get the pin out and check the spring?

Edited by Cali_Ed

TM response

If they tightened it like superman then the steel dowel will press fit into the softer aluminum and will require to be cut out.  I would imagine you could tap the dowel but that is a tiny piece of metal to tap.

As long as they did not press fit it in then yes what you mentioned the "tip & tap" method will work.  You unscrew it.  Then re-leave the spring tension with one hand and hit the buttstock or buffer tower (if no stock) on some wood or plastic and the dowel will start to come out via inertia.   Then when you can see a touch of it out of the hole then use a pair of pliers to pull it the rest of the way out.

We used a two piece design due to the DMPS threaded rod has a habit of breaking when you try to remove it and thought this method would be better.  

Nathan