• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Any else make a rail like this

Cali_Ed

That is one crazy looking thing

Not too crazy...;) they don't make a 308 version though. Some local guy slapped one on a oracle and it looked like poop. The top rail only made it half way down the rcvr.

On a side note...I've never even seen the keymod CASV. Man it's ugly, but maybe a CASV-M will show up cheap somewhere now. I want one for my pistol build!

post-12215-0-77874500-1393029387_thumb.j

Edited by blue109

This from the lar8, these dont fit the dpms do they?

image_zps209d5b8d.jpg

Looking for something almost just like this. If this does fit the dpms then it ends here.

Closest thing to that, that I can think of - Apex.

http://www.apexhandguard.com/2360-ar10-308-dpms-15-0-ext-rifle-length-apex-gatorgrip-handguard/

XRL_Unassembled_Side_View__05061.1389370

The PRI is set up for the high profile, but if you want the SPR/modO setup, they make a connecting rail for the new/low height. It also looks pretty darn sweet, but costs a small fortune and adds a little extra weight.

You don't like the APEX tom posted?seems like it would fit the bill for you.

So the bonus of the new DPMS height is that any AR15 irons will work. The old height caused some confusion. If you use that 12" PRI tube with a rifle length gas system, you can use any standard front gas block sight/rear sight combo. The SPR sleeve doesn't go all the way to the charging handle, it leaves a gap so you can mount a flip up rear sight.

While I'm thinking about it...if you go rifle gas with a flip up gas block and the 12" tube, it doesn't really matter if the PRI rail is 1/16" too tall since the sight isn't mounted on it. You could still get the SPR sleeve for continuity, or even just buy the PRI tube that comes without the rail sections and save a few bucks. Just comes down to what you want the end result to look like.

Damn, I sound like PRI is paying me for this sales pitch!