• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

sr762 problems?

pokey

Yea, I'm still looking at .308 ar's. I look around a lot first before buying, and that incudes the good and the bad. Can't remember the site, but there was 50+ pages of Sr762 problems.

The problems included bad magazines, improper receiver/ feed ramp blend, sharp edges on the feed ramp locking lug area, and bad galling in the upper receiver from some carrier tilt.   Also, although not serious the triggers are heavy and gritty.

Has anybody had any experience with the ruger sr762 ? I've always been a big fan of ruger products.  Any other input, good or bad would be appreciated. Any accuracy results would be nice as well.

Thank you;

Pokey

I'm one of those guys who supports a company for what that excel in. I buy S&W double action revovlers, over Ruger. I buy Ruger single action revolvers over anyone else. Ruger makes a great M77, and Blackhawk/Vaquero... but I leave the other guns to the pros who have perfected their art.

At the price of the SR762, I suggest a Sig 716 instead. Sig has been making piston operated automatic rifles for some time now. While the 716 is relatively new, the technology concept has long been applied in their previous firearms.

Picked up a new SR-762 this Saturday. Got to the range yesterday. Put 100 rounds through it flawless. Feels great fantastic job on the rail. Shoots awesome. Needed a bit of adjusting to the left on the iron sights. Trigger definitely heavy (quick fix in the next week or so). Stock needs to go does not feel right but that's part of the customization fun on an AR platform.

Welcome everyone's comments and appreciate them BUT after about 1 hour at the range I promise you, you will have a different perspective.

Absolutely awesome system Ruger did a great job on a Piston driven platform at the right price.

All in $1950. Now the optics search.

If your thinking of picking one up you won't regret it!