• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sig 716 DMR

Greyghost01

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my DMR , Took it home and cleaned it twice with Gunzilla, Lubed it good with break free clp and took it to the range for a function test. It worked like a dream. It shot everything I fed it no FTF, FTE,  I used 147, 150, 168, 180grn bullets, Even some Tulu.  Mixed them together in one mag very happy so far. Need to a scope on it and try for accuracy next trip. This trip was just for function and cleaning to make sure everything works.  There have been a lot of complaints that this rifle has FTF, and FTE issues but I think most are because they fail to clean factory grease out of rifle and they think because its piston driven it does not need lube, IT DOES, Its very tight and needs to be run wet. If you do that it will perform with out any problems.

This is a heavy rifle, The DMR is over 10# naked and empty, Put on bi-pod, scope, and a full 20 rnd mag, Its a beast in a hurry. That's what I call mine The Beast from the East