• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I haven't really read anything lately about the Gen 2. Anybody out there want to share?

Ripley, just nosing around here and there on the internet, other discussion groups are bringing up the same topic, the same way. Here's an article that's fairly in depth that you might like:

http://stateoftactical.com/new-dpms-308-r-25-gen-ii/

Like I said in another thread, I'll try talking my son into getting a Gen II so he can let me shoot it, at which point I'll be happy to report back.

I personally have a DPMS LR-308T and gosh, she could stand to lose some weight, but the more I spend on her, the more I like her, and well, me getting a Gen II would be like being unfaithful.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a LR308B that is set up more for long range, but would like to get the Gen 2 Recon as my short range rifle. I'll keep following the feed back. From all that I have read it seems fairly decent, but like always time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...

The gen ii recon isn't all that light. In fact, it feels heavier than the numbers would make it seem. I would like to handle a gen ii moe and see how different the weight is (I think its about a one lbs difference) I hope that soon I will have a new rail on the gii, so I can compare the weight difference.