• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Mag shopping

LAR8Autoshucker

Ive been carrying springfield 1911's for years and always with wilson combat mags. I was very happy untill I found that my new range officer does not reliably lock open on an empty wilson. I thought there was something wrong with the gun so I sent it in for warranty work, but it just doesn't like wilsons. What the next best 8rd extended base plate 1911 mag out there? Thanks in advance.

Another endorsement for the CMC mags, either stainless or the black ones.  I'm about a 50/50 mix on 1911 mags, with half WC and half CMC.  Almost all those CMC mags are stainless, only a few are the black ones.  Never a hiccup from them.  <thumbsup>

I don't know. My Springfield mags for my TRP Operator look identical to my Wilson mags??

Bought mine (the first one) in 1994 or so...when Springfield was the only manufacturer of stainless 1911s.  The model is now the "standard GI" or something.

Same thing...identical to the CMC mags, right down to the basepad holes.  Just don't say "McCormick", only the patent number.