• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Vortex... pull the trigger?

Hi my Brothers At the range this weekend I had a peek at a guys Vortex pst 6x24x50 ffp
daaamn it looked sweet thru the mrad tube....I went directly to cabellas and looked at them 949 retail,but I can get em much cheaper....also I think I want a sfp cause im always at full power...those were 849 but again I can get em cheaper through a friend of a friend,,,,, thats what im talking bout!
I got rid of both of my monarch ed's this weekend...the reticles dont jive(too big) on the target range as ive found out and they have been safe queens....so, since I value your opinions....lay the Vortex 411 on me please
:) Wash

Edited by washguy

Shibi  you didnt like the 308's?  this last weekend went to the range and just using hold over substensions put 2 right next to the bull touching on steel,,,,ive got 2 of them....but looking thru a guys vortex 6x24x50....geeez sweet glass....sold three monarch nikons this weekend...im flush with cash...lol     :)  Wash

Shibi  you didnt like the 308's?  this last weekend went to the range and just using hold over substensions put 2 right next to the bull touching on steel,,,,ive got 2 of them....but looking thru a guys vortex 6x24x50....geeez sweet glass....sold three monarch nikons this weekend...im flush with cash...lol     :)  Wash

No, for some reason I was battling the exit pupil on the M-308. Couldn't quite get situated right on it and kept getting that black circle effect no matter how much I adjusted the position of the scope.

Took it back to cabelas and applied the difference to get the 6-24x50 PST

Edited by shibiwan

Hi my Brothers    At the range this weekend I had a peek at a guys Vortex pst 6x24x50 ffp

daaamn it looked sweet thru the mrad tube....I went directly to cabellas and looked at them 949 retail,but I can get em much cheaper....also I think I want a sfp cause im always at full power...those were 849 but again I can get em cheaper through a friend of a friend,,,,$625, thats what im talking bout!

I got rid of both of my monarch ed's this weekend...the reticles dont jive(too big) on the target range as ive found out and they have been safe queens....so, since I value your opinions....lay the Vortex 411 on me please

:)  Wash

Consider the FFP.  24X is a lot of power.  Mirage can play havoc with that high of power without the ability to back it out.  With an FFP, you will be surprised how many times you will look at the mag knob and see that you adjusted it back.  That being said, an FFP isn't necessary for everyone.

So I did the deed today... got a vortex pst 6x24x50,and also got a 1x4x24 v-brite cross fire 2 for Char's 6.8 hog rifle......I was gonna get an eotech,but this scope with the red dot and long eye relief seems like the best of both worlds

already mounted the pst and the glass is nice.....so nice im meeting my guy tomorrow to get another one !

:) Wash

post-11787-0-07906900-1407472262_thumb.j