• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My .308 AR Build Project, any help much appreciated............

Christopher67

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little wobble is normal, that repr pictured cost a small fortune and yes it wobbles a little but doesn't bother me. This $5.00 part that Robo referred to will solve the wobble for you.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receiver-hardware/accu-wedges/ar-15-m16-accu-wedge-prod16662.aspx

Yea I have a few of those here on my desk actually, heard a lot about them breaking apart & causing nightmare in peoples FCG. IMHO what im experiencing on my Aero .308 lower isn't a little. :mellow:

I’m thinking I should have went this route http://www.tieronearms.com/MEGA-MKM-p/mkmambi.htm   more money sure, but im pretty sure i wouldn't have the fitment issues im having now. :binkybaby: <thumbsup>

I see no fitment issues on that guys pic, even if you could place a Home Depot refund card ( .0215 ) in there. As a tool and die guy and rifle builder those parts are fine, without getting into tolerances and stacking of tolerences. If you feel the need to tighten up the upper and lower, either get a wedge, or bed down the rear lug. I hope you don't blame all accuracy issues on just the parts when you're done too. Geesh

Edited by lakeracer69

I see no fitment issues on that guys pic, even if you could place a Home Depot refund card ( .0215 ) in there. As a tool and die guy and rifle builder those parts are fine, without getting into tolerances and stacking of tolerences. If you feel the need to tighten up the upper and lower, either get a wedge, or bed down the rear lug. I hope you don't blame all accuracy issues on just the parts when you're done too. Geesh

The fitment issues are easy to see & the unacceptable play in the fitment of the upper/lower receivers is poor to say the least. When one works with metal its rather easy to see this as unacceptable i guess, mediocrity is what most people find acceptable these days but i don't sorry. An accu-wedge is not a good fix to a quality control issue & something that could break apart and cause other issues down the road. :ifly:

I'm seeing the exact same thing with my "matched" set. Really loose. I've called and emailed AP but no response yet. I will say that after installation of the bcg and charging handle it is quite a bit better, probably good enough that it won't bother me (too much). I hope they take care of your problem. I do understand that some slop between receivers should have no effect on accuracy, but I also have read of so many people getting great fitting Aero Precision sets, and kind of feel like I got stuck with a bad set.

I'm seeing the exact same thing with my "matched" set. Really loose. I've called and emailed AP but no response yet. I will say that after installation of the bcg and charging handle it is quite a bit better, probably good enough that it won't bother me (too much). I hope they take care of your problem. I do understand that some slop between receivers should have no effect on accuracy, but I also have read of so many people getting great fitting Aero Precision sets, and kind of feel like I got stuck with a bad set.

When I got home from my FFL & did notice the issue, I called Aero and was told to send pictures which I promptly did. I even PMed them on their industry section of ar15.com, I haven’t heard anything as of yet. I agree with you on some slop & accuracy and all my other Aero products have been great.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok Aero sent me a new upper, it fits better. But... the ejection port door takes a lot of force to open & I have to use my pocket knife to push the detent down so it will close? All my AR15 ejection port doors open with minimal pressure at most & close with ease, is the .308 ejection port door suppose to be this tough to open & close? This is my 1st .308 AR build.  <dontknow> :ifly: